Common Feline Behaviour Problems
When a cat develops a behaviour problem it can become extremely stressful for both cat and owner alike. Sadly, this can often intensify and begins impacting on the home environment, family life, and human stress-levels (!), thus making owning that pet less enjoyable. Unfortunately, these problems often continue and in many cases intensify unless professional help is sought, and the route of the problem is addressed.
However, this is something that Kim at CAT-astrophes can help you with. Over the years Kim has dealt with a multitude of different cat behaviour problems, and worked with the owners to resolve them, thus bringing harmony back between cat and owner. Please see below for a list of problems that Kim can help you and your cat with. Please note that this list is not exhaustive, if your cat’s problem is not listed, Kim still can help you.
Aggression towards people
Aggression towards other cats
- Aversion to the litter box
- Location aversion
- Substrate preferences
- Litter box ratio
- Multi-cat households and litter boxes
Spraying in the house
CAT-astrophes can assist you with:
- Spraying in the house
- Inappropriate toileting
- House training issues
- Aggression towards people
- Aggression in multi-cat households
- Aggression towards other household pets
- Aggression towards neighbouring cats
- Excessive vocalisation
- Scratching carpets and furniture
- Inappropriate play
- Under or over attachment
- Fear-based behaviours
- Adjustment problems (new home, new pet, new baby, indoor transition, etc.)
In addition to Behaviour Consultations, CAT-astrophes can also help with:
- Getting your first cat – advice for new pet owners
- How to introduce your cat to a new pet, e.g., another kitten/cat or a puppy/dog
- Preparing your cat for a move to a new home
- Preparing your cat for a move to a new country
- Preparing your cat for the arrival of a new baby
- How to successfully introduce your cat to a new partner!
- How to make a cat’s environment more enriching, more stimulating, and more natural.