Home Visit Consultation
Home Visit Consultations
It’s always very difficult when one out our beloved cats presents with a behaviour problem.
At CAT-astrophes, we aim to make the consultation process as easy as possible in order to get a speedy resolution to your cat’s issues and get you and your feline friend back on track as quickly as possible. CAT-astrophes recognise that people have very busy lives, and as such we conduct daytime, evening and weekend consultations in the hope to accommodate you.
How to Book a Home Visit Consultation
Please follow the following steps to booking a feline behaviour consultation:
- If you think your cat has a behaviour problem please email Kim with a brief outline of your cat’s issues.
- We will then schedule a date in the diary for your behaviour consultation
- At this point, you will be sent an in-depth behaviour questionnaire to complete which will provide some important background information and will help in evaluating your cat’s behavioural issues in more depth prior to the consultation.
- Kim will also require photos and/or videos to show where the cats eat, sleep, toilet, etc. A basic tour around the cat’s environment will be most helpful for diagnostic purposes.
- Kim will also ask you to contact your vets directly and ask that you wish to be referred to CAT-astrophes for a behaviour consultation. We will provide you with a vet referral form by email for your vet to complete, or alternatively your vet can contact Kim directly. *Please see here for a veterinary referral form. It is important to consult your vet first to ensure that there are no medical issues that might be causing or contributing to your cat’s behaviour.
As I am a Certified Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CCAB) and a full member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC), many pet insurance policies will cover my fees. Please check with your pet insurance company.
What's included in a consultation
The consultation includes:
- Analysis of background information, medical history, and supporting documentation provided by the client
- A 2-3-hour home visit consultation
- An extensive and in-depth Behaviour Modification Plan to move things forward with your cat/s
- Liaison with your vet
- An invoice for your records
- Completed pet insurance claim form if necessary
- Six weeks follow-up support via email/telephone
After your consultation
At the end of the consultation, a diagnosis is made and the motivation for the behaviour explained. Written notes, handouts and other information relevant to your cat’s problem are given at the time of the consultation.
You will then be emailed a comprehensive and tailor-made Behaviour Modification Plan, normally within 2-3days of the consultation, which you will be asked to follow. A copy of the report will be sent to your referring veterinary surgeon.
We will keep in close contact following the initial consultation and you will be asked to contact Kim each week either by phone or email to discuss progress.
To arrange a home visit consultation, please contact Kim or send an email to email@example.com. Once Kim receives the email, she will arrange a mutually convenient time for a consultation, and will then send out all the necessary documentation, including a questionnaire and veterinary referral form.
Please note: Remote consultations are also available, please click here for further information.
- All consultations must be pre-paid.
- CAT- astrophes does not issue refunds for missed appointments.